If you have multiple IP Addresses for your WAN connection, you can use all of them by creating Aliases.
As an example, we will assume that you have a block of five static IP addresses from your ISP:
First, configure your Red interface with the first address:
xxx.xxx.xxx.100 using the setup program on the console. Don't forget to specify your gateway and DNS servers! Your Red interface should now work properly, but outside users cannot connect to you using the other four addresses.
To enable the remaining addresses, follow these steps:
- Log in to the IPFire GUI.
- Click on the "Network" tab.
- In the menu on the right, click on "Aliases".
- Enter a name and the second static IP in the boxes provided.
- Click the "Add" button and repeat for all of the remaining addresses.
You can now use these aliases in Port Forwarding rules and elsewhere in the system to control the flow of traffic.